- Indie Rock: GAME OF THE YEAR 420BLAZEIT
- Assassin’s Creed: Rogue – Where To Find The Tablets?
- Breaking A World Record – The Liveblog
- Guinness World Record FIFA 15 Marathon Attempt This Wednesday
- Indie Rock: Return of the Obra Dinn
- Retroreflection – Nintendo/Squaresoft Gems of a Generation
- Indie (Grim)Rock: Legend Of Grimrock 2
Capcom Arcade Cabinet Featuring Black Tiger
- Updated: 12th Feb, 2013
The Arcade Cabinet is a ‘platform’ that will allow you to adjust things like the game difficulty and number lives. You’ll also be able to take in-game screenshots and video, post your scores to the global leaderboards and, for selected titles, an online two-player mode is available. Each game will also have a training option, complete with infinite lives to help you survive as long as possible. Very useful as some of them, like Ghosts’n Goblins were a wee bit on the difficult side.
Starting with the brilliant Black Tiger on 20th Feb 2013, titles like Side Arms, 1942 and Commando can be bought individually, as part of 5 different game packs or in one big bundle at the end of May 2013:
- Game Pack 1 (20th Feb) – Black Tiger, Avengers, 1943: Battle of Midway
- Game Pack 2 (5th Mar) – Ghosts’n Goblins, Gun Smoke, Section Z
- Game Pack 3 (19th Mar) – Side Arms, Legendary Wings, Trojan
- Game Pack 4 (2nd Apr) – Commando, The Speed Rumbler, Exed Exes (Savage Bees)
- Game Pack 5 (16th Apr) – 1942, SonSon, Pirate Ship Higmaru
Individual games will cost £3.99 (PSN) or 360 MS Points (XBLA), with the packs available for £7.99 (PSN) or 800 MS Points (XBLA). If you buy all of the games/packs then you can grab 2 additional titles for free. No idea what these titles are at the moment. Hopefully one of them will be Forgotten Worlds.
I’ve been a big fan of Black Tiger ever since I played the arcade version in 1988. I even have a Black Tiger mug for my morning cuppa. It’s a fun but tough game with hidden traps, spiky death and regenerating mummies lying in wait.
Capcom are also releasing a demo of the game on the 20th Feb, in which 360 owners can play though the whole game on a single credit. PS3 owners are even luckier, as they get unlimited credits practically saving you having to buy the game. But if you can’t wait another 10 days for your Black Tiger fix, it’s already available to play on the Nintendo virtual console.