- 5 Things We Learned from the PS4 Console TeaserPosted 5 hours ago
- Batman: Arkham Origins Deathstroke TrailerPosted 5 hours ago
- Nintendo Direct: Sonic Lost World AnnouncedPosted 3 days ago
- Anomaly 2 Review (PC)Posted 3 days ago
- GRID 2 Full Track List RevealedPosted 4 days ago
- Gran Turismo 6 Announced for 2013Posted 5 days ago
- More Mind-Controlled Gaming with Son of NorPosted 6 days ago
- Disney Infinity: Pirates of the Caribbean Play Set TrailerPosted 6 days ago
- New Magic 2014 Features RevealedPosted 6 days ago
- The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Interview – Nico BiharyPosted 7 days ago
What is an Average Gamer?
Some stats about the average gamer around the world.
- The average gaming age is now 23+.
- 38.2% of the UK population is an active computer gamer.
- 51.2% of British men and 25.1% of British women aged 10-35 play games regularly.
- The average computer gamer has been playing for over 10 years.
- On average, gamers play for 11 hours per week.
- 27.2% of all active gamers in the UK are women.
- The average age of the UK female gamer is 30-35 years old.
- The average game player is 35 years old and has been playing games for 12 years.
- The average game buyer is 39 years old, a year younger than in 2006.
- 40% percent of all game players are women. In fact, women over the age of 18 represent a significantly greater portion of the game-playing population (34%) than boys age 17 or younger (18%).
- In 2009, 25% of Americans over the age of 50 played video games.
- 37% of heads of households play games on a wireless device, such as a cell phone or PDA, up from 20 percent in 2002.
- 63% of parents believe games are a positive part of their children’s lives.
Last reviewed: 13th July 2010