What is an Average Gamer?
Some stats about the average gamer around the world.
Based on a study commissioned by gaming social network Pixwoo.
- Play computer games five days a week, for 2 hours and 32 minutes each day.
- Will stay up until 10.58pm playing games
- Has stayed up until 1.12am on occasion
- Owns two different consoles
- Owns 18 games
- Can complete a game in four-and-a-half weeks
- Will go to a midnight opening for a new game once a year, spending four hours queuing each time
- Has two rows a week with their partner about gaming
- Has five online friends in the gaming community
- Is 35 years old
- Earns £23,244 a year
- Is married or in a relationship
- Has one child
- Drives a Ford, Vauxhall or BMW
- Works almost 32 hours a week
- The average game player is 35 years old and has been playing games for 12 years.
- The average game buyer is 39 years old, a year younger than in 2006.
- 40% percent of all game players are women. In fact, women over the age of 18 represent a significantly greater portion of the game-playing population (34%) than boys age 17 or younger (18%).
- In 2009, 25% of Americans over the age of 50 played video games.
- 37% of heads of households play games on a wireless device, such as a cell phone or PDA, up from 20 percent in 2002.
- 63% of parents believe games are a positive part of their children’s lives.
Last reviewed: 4th July 2013