What is an Average Gamer?
Some stats about the average gamer around the world.
Based on a study commissioned by gaming social network Pixwoo in 2013.
- Play computer games five days a week, for 2 hours and 32 minutes each day.
- Will stay up until 10.58pm playing games
- Has stayed up until 1.12am on occasion
- Owns two different consoles
- Owns 18 games
- Can complete a game in four-and-a-half weeks
- Will go to a midnight opening for a new game once a year, spending four hours queuing each time
- Has two rows a week with their partner about gaming
- Has five online friends in the gaming community
- Is 35 years old
- Earns £23,244 a year
- Is married or in a relationship
- Has one child
- Drives a Ford, Vauxhall or BMW
- Works almost 32 hours a week
- The average gamer is 30 years old has been playing games for 13 years
- The average adult gamer has been playing for 15 years. That’s 17 years for men, 13 years for women.
- Gamers are 55% male, 45% female
- Women over the age of 18 represent a significantly greater portion of the game-playing population (31%) than boys age 17 or younger (19%).
- 36% of gamers play on a smartphone
- 62% play with others, either in-person or online
Last reviewed: 28th August 2014.