CLOSED: Original Molenaar Concept Art Sketch + Gun Commando

Gun Commando Screenshot

Gun Commando is a pixel art-ish run-and-gunner for the PS Vita and PlayStation Mobile, offering both touch screen and controller methods depending on the device you use. Following classic Doom-style FPS you can run around 24 levels, fighting robots, people, and… uh… more people with your large arsenal of weapons. There’s also a time attack mode.

The art was designed by comic book artist Romano Molenaar. Here’s some gameplay and cutscene footage in this trailer:

We’ve teamed up with Green Hill and Ripstone, the producers and publishers of Gun Commando to offer you one of Romano Moelnaar’s original concept sketch drawings used to create the cutcenes, as well as a code to download the game for free. We’ve pictured four sketches below – one of them, chosen randomly, will be posted to the winner.

Gun Commando Concept Art 2 Gun Commando Concept Art 1

Just drop us a comment below saying what your favourite retro or pixel art game is. We’ll pick a winner on Sunday night and be in touch by email. Good luck!

[UK postal address only, please. Sorry, overseas people.]

1. Andy Baines

25th Jan, 2013 at 5:16 pm

That’s an awesome prize..! /FingersCrossed

2. Colin

26th Jan, 2013 at 12:27 am

I loved the old Dizzy games (frustrating as hell though) and most of the output from Codemasters on the Commodore64. Starting to play through the new port to iOS and bringing back loads of memories. Might give Spy vs Spy a bash next.

3. Gavin

26th Jan, 2013 at 2:25 pm

Retro City Rampage is pretty awesome. Definitely a favourite of mine. I guess it’s classed as “pixel art”. Another game I kinda think is part of the same style is Hotline Miami :)

4. Thomas Mullin

26th Jan, 2013 at 2:26 pm

One of the biggest, and most expansive games I can remember was Elite. Absolutely brilliant game.

5. Myles Dawson

26th Jan, 2013 at 3:05 pm

Hotline Miami is a recent favourite, I love the retro style of the game and how bonkers it is. Otherwise, Scott Pilgrim Vs The World – playing that and reminiscing about Streets of Rage is one of my personal gaming highlights of the past few years, alongside the soundtrack :)
    I like the look of Gun Commando, will it be available on steam/Xbla or is this a playstation exclusive?

6. Colin

1st Feb, 2013 at 10:46 am

We’ve all proved undeserving. *hangs head in shame

7. Debbie Timmins (Weefz)

1st Feb, 2013 at 11:56 am

Sorryyyyy. Busy week.

And the winner is… Myles Dawson. Congratulations! I’ll be in touch by email.