- Nintendo Direct: Sonic Lost World AnnouncedPosted 23 hours ago
- Anomaly 2 Review (PC)Posted 1 day ago
- GRID 2 Full Track List RevealedPosted 2 days ago
- Gran Turismo 6 Announced for 2013Posted 3 days ago
- More Mind-Controlled Gaming with Son of NorPosted 4 days ago
- Disney Infinity: Pirates of the Caribbean Play Set TrailerPosted 4 days ago
- New Magic 2014 Features RevealedPosted 4 days ago
- The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Interview – Nico BiharyPosted 5 days ago
- The Sims 3: Dragon Valley. Pet Baby Dragons!Posted 8 days ago
- Fancy Keyboards from RazerPosted 8 days ago
Sexy Dreamfall – The Results
- Updated: April 4, 2007
I ran a poll recently, asking if two video clips from Dreamfall were provocative, realistic or none of the above. Here are the results:
How sexy is Zoe?
- Provocative – and I like it that way: 3 (12%)
- Provocative – inappropriately so: 1 (4%)
- Sexy yet realistic: 10 (41%)
- Not sexy/boring and realistic: 7 (29%)
- Just boring: 3 (12%)
- Total votes: 24
Thanks to everyone who actually watched the videos and voted. Also to Blogpolling, for the free polling.
The post that inspired this survey was Matt Barton’s review of Dreamfall on Armchair Arcade. He said:
And speaking of travesties, I must also wonder how many idiots were responsible for the “bra and panties” scene that takes place right near the beginning of the game. I realize that “T&A” probably sells more games to sex depraved teenage boys than a rich storyline, but please, this was too much. Do we really need to see Zoe’s breasts and hips bouncing in her nightie to invest ourselves in this game? I think not, and furthermore, I think this nonsense probably turned off many female gamers who would have otherwise loved this game.
I think Matt was a little over-the-top on this. I still don’t see the bouncing T&A. Don’t get me wrong. I’m not accusing Matt of being some kind of pixel-perve. It was probably more a case of surprise leading to false memory. Or all that Dead or Alive playing really has rendered me immune to the image of bouncing breasts. Then again, looks like most of you are with me in the “realistic” camp with a few bored by the clip and an almost equal number who found it provocative. It would have been nice to know the male/female orientation breakdown and how it corresponds to the answers but hey, free poll.