- Indie Rock: Social Interaction Trainer
- Indie Rock: GAME OF THE YEAR 420BLAZEIT
- Assassin’s Creed: Rogue – Where To Find The Tablets?
- Breaking A World Record – The Liveblog
- Guinness World Record FIFA 15 Marathon Attempt This Wednesday
- Indie Rock: Return of the Obra Dinn
- Retroreflection – Nintendo/Squaresoft Gems of a Generation
Free EA Game for SimCity Buyers
- Updated: 18th Mar, 2013
The SimCity launch has been plagued with problems. First gamers couldn’t connect. Then EA disabled a bunch of multiplayer features, calling them non-critical. Then Kotaku showed that actually, the game runs fine offline, at least for twenty minutes or so. Then a modder showed that the 20-minute limit was easy removable by changing a text file. Sure, there’s no offline save mode at the moment but after speaking to this same modder, known as Azzer, Rock Paper Shotgun reckons an offline save for SimCitycould be pretty easy to do.
In a gesture of thanks or a mea culpa of sorts, EA are offering a free PC game to everyone who registers a copy of SimCity on Origin by 6:59am GMT 26th March 2013.
You’ll have to claim your free game by 6:59am GMT on 31st March 2013
Here’s the list of games you can choose from:
- Battlefield 3 (Standard Edition)
- Bejeweled 3
- Dead Space 3 (Standard Edition)
- Mass Effect 3 (Standard Edition)
- Medal of Honor Warfighter (Standard Edition)
- Need For Speed Most Wanted (Standard Edition)
- Plants vs. Zombies
- SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition
There’s more info on when you can start claiming your game over on this EA help page and everyone who does register within the window will receive an email with instructions.
I ordered my of SimCity from GAME 10 days ago and it still hasn’t arrived. If you’re planning to take advantage of this offer, I’d suggest buying from… well, anywhere else.