- Xbox One: The Games So FarPosted 5 hours ago
- Xbox One: Pre-Owned, Not Always OnlinePosted 10 hours ago
- The Next Xbox: Xbox OnePosted 13 hours ago
- 5 Things We Learned from the PS4 Console TeaserPosted 2 days ago
- Batman: Arkham Origins Deathstroke TrailerPosted 2 days ago
- Nintendo Direct: Sonic Lost World AnnouncedPosted 5 days ago
- Anomaly 2 Review (PC)Posted 5 days ago
- GRID 2 Full Track List RevealedPosted 6 days ago
- Gran Turismo 6 Announced for 2013Posted 7 days ago
- More Mind-Controlled Gaming with Son of NorPosted 8 days ago
CLOSED: A Night in the GAME Pad
- Updated: December 6, 2012
GAME have decided to offer something a little different to their normal boxed products this winter. They’ve taken over a room in a London hotel and converted it into a lush little pad for gamers – a GAME Pad. Oh, how proud someone must have been when they proposed that name.
We’ve teamed up with GAME to bring you the chance to win your own night in the GAME Pad at Staybridge Suites Stratford City. The place is fully stocked with an Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U and a fridge full of booze, soft drinks, pizza and sugary treats. They have all the launch Wii U games and a selection of the year’s biggest releases on PS3 and/or Xbox 360, including COD: Black Ops 2, FIFA 13, Halo 4, Far Cry 3, Assassins Creed III, Borderlands 2 and Forza Horizon.
We checked out the place ourselves and it’s lovely, with a beautiful view across East London. There are beanbags, 40-inch TVs and one of each console so it would be a great place to bring 4 friends and some extra consoles for a boozy (or caffeine-fuelled) gaming night. That said, there’s only the one double bed but, contrary to the warning on the wall, sleep is a sign of weakness in a place like that so I’m sure you could work out an arrangement.
It could also be perfect for a gaming couple who just wants to get away for a night. The suite includes a small kitchen and dishwasher and access to all the hotel’s facilities. The hotel itself is part of the Westfield Stratford City complex, so there are plenty of things to do, literally on your doorstep. Guests also get a 10% discount in the Stratford City GAME shop.
Here are some better pictures that don’t include me grinning like an idiot.
For your chance to win, you just need to answer this question in the comments.
Which one game would you pick to hole up with for a night in the GAME Pad and why?
We’ll pick our favourite answer after the competition ends at 11:59pm on 16th December and get in touch with the winner via email, so please use a real address when commenting. Also, you’ll have to cover your own travel costs. Good luck.
You could always skip the competition and book the room on a more convenient date.
UPDATE: This competition is now closed. I’m happy to announce that the winner was Dave, who gave up his gaming room after the birth of his lovely daughter.
Terms and Conditions:
1. To enter this competition you must be:
(a) a UK resident; and
(b) Over 18 years of age
(c) Publication rules apply
2. The closing date is 16th December and The Average Gamer reserves the right to amend the
competition end date at any time.
3. If you win the competition, The Average Gamer will notify you via e-mail.
4. The prize will not be transferable to another person.
5. No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
6. The prize includes the following: 1 x night stay at the GAME Pad, Staybridge Suites London
Stratford City on Tuesday 8th January 2013. The prize is non-transferable, non refundable and no cash alternative is available.
7. Guests staying at the GAME Pad agree to abide by Staybridge Suites London Stratford City’s
guest terms and conditions.
8. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, GAME reserves the right to alter, amend or foreclose
the promotion without prior notice. GAME takes no responsibility and accepts no liability for any
loss, damage, accident, injury or other consequences that are in any way associated with this
prize and competition.