- Indie Rock: GAME OF THE YEAR 420BLAZEIT
- Assassin’s Creed: Rogue – Where To Find The Tablets?
- Breaking A World Record – The Liveblog
- Guinness World Record FIFA 15 Marathon Attempt This Wednesday
- Indie Rock: Return of the Obra Dinn
- Retroreflection – Nintendo/Squaresoft Gems of a Generation
- Indie (Grim)Rock: Legend Of Grimrock 2
7 Top Tips For Assassin’s Creed 3
- Updated: 5th Nov, 2012
I spent a fair bit of time playing Assassins’Creed 3 for my single-player review which you can read here.
While spending hours and hours wandering about the wilderness, fighting bears and spoiling a tea party in Boston I learnt a lot about the game. So here are my top tips to help you become a deadly assassin.
- Connor’s Corner killing – Soldiers are completely aimless when going round corners of buildings and will not defend themselves. A well timed attack while out of direct line of sight will breach their defences and kill them. This tactic can be employed on large groups of people by simply run away and keep hiding around a corner. I managed to dispatch about 15 soldiers using a single house.
- Buy chest maps first – Even though some of the maps cost £3000, you will practically make this back by finding just one chest. Typically most maps will show you the location of at least 3. Finding chests is the quickest way to make a lot of money.
- Deadly water – Apart from Connor, no one in America can swim. It kills everything instantly. Diving into the water allows you to quickly escape any pursuer as they will never chase you. Fighting by the waterside also means you can shove people to watery grave and avoid a long, drawn-out fight.
- Loot bodies – You can get all the ammo, animal traps and smoke bombs you need by looting dead bodies, instead of wasting money at the trader or general store
- Reclaim your arrows – When you skin an animal or loot a solider that’s been killed by an arrow you get it back. So if you’re careful and hit your targets you can hide for ages up a tree in the wilderness and never run out of ammo
- Kill guard dogs – Unlike the other dogs in the game, which you can only pet, guard dogs can be killed. If they are barking like mad and giving away your hiding spot (e.g. a straw pile) you can dispatch them
- Run, run and run some more – When low on health start running around in big circles like Benny Hill. Soldiers are too stupid to realise what’s going on and will usually form a giant conga line behind you. This gives your health time to recharge.
If you have any of your own Assassin’s Creed 3 tips, or even problems that you’re stuck on, please leave them in the comments below. Maybe one of us can help out. Also check out my 10 top tips for Assassin’s Creed: Revelations.