E3 2015: EA Conference and Trailers
- Updated: 15th Jun, 2015
EA opened with a trailer for Mass Effect Andromeda (ME4 but not ME4).
- It’s coming “Holiday 2016”
- We saw an N7 officer selecting from a variety of distinct worlds. According to the BioWare blog, he’s not the character we’ll be playing.
- He has a pistol and an omniblade.
- I think he’s some kind of space cowboy.
Need For Speed
Marcus Nilsson introduced the new Need for Speed.
- “The richest customisation ever seen in a Need For Speed game.”
- Coming 3rd November 2015
Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Knights of The Fallen Empire is coming 27th October 2015
- New worlds, new companions and a dynamic story that you can shape.
- Free to SW:TOR subscribers.
Martin Sahlin, Creative Director of Unravel.
- This game is SO CUTE. At least, the logo cinematic was.
- Puzzle-platformer playing a character made of yarn who unravels as you move.
- The thread represents love.
- “You’re the red thread that runs through someone’s life.”
- “It’s a quest where you have to be clever and creative to find the proper path.”
Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2
- There’s a solo play and a local split-screen mode for all the modes.
- All players of the original Garden Warfare can transfer their unlocked characters into Garden Warfare 2 at launch.
As usual, I know nothing about the sports section of EA’s business so I’ll just post the trailers here when they’re available and be done with it.
- Ultimate Teams are still being updated
- The golf game is now on the Frostbite engine, so no load times between holes.
- Also, looks very pretty. Presumably because it’s golf so they don’t need to render explosion particles and collapsing buildings.
- NBA Live 16 “is rooted in self-expression”. You can scan your face. It’s totally better than in NBA2k15, honest.
- FIFA 16: Pelé happened.
- There’s a Star Wars Collectible Card Game which lets you collect and play your favourite heroes from the series.
- There’s a Minions game.
Mirror’s Edge Catalyst
- It’s the origin story of Faith from Mirror’s Edge.
- Faith knows martial arts combat now.
- It’s free-roaming, no level loading.
- Out 25th February 2016 in Europe
Star Wars Battlefront
- They showed a segment of the battle on Hoth.
- 40-player multiplayer.
- Call in orbital strikes.
- Fly or run in first or third-person.
- Fight Darth Vader as Luke Skywalker on Hoth. Wait, what?
- Play as the Rebels or the Empire