- First Impressions: Pillars of Eternity
- Tips for Getting Started in Cities: Skylines
- LEGO Jurassic World Hands-On Preview
- A Quick Guide to Getting Started as a Twitch Streamer
- War for the Overworld Interview: Josh Bishop
- The Order: 1886 vs East London 2015
- Alone in the Dark: Illumination Beta Impressions
Check Out the BioShock Infinite Replica Sky-Hook
- Updated: 22nd Apr, 2013
Over on the PlayStation Community Blog they’re giving away a BioShock Infinite Replica Sky-Hook. I managed to score one of these myself a few weeks ago and did a demo session plus Q&A on my Twitch channel. Here’s the video archive:
It’s nice. I’m a sucker for anything with moving parts and this replica sky-hook works really well. Its spinning mechanism is solid and entirely manual, as you can see in the video.
As it’s all made of plastic, I wouldn’t recommend trying to mash anyone’s face in, nor hanging from tram lines but as a curio to mount on your wall or to use in a particularly elaborate bit of cosplay, it’s lovely. The level of detail on the decorative plates is superb as well. Each plate is carefully etched with a beautiful image and “authentic” scratch marks befitting a relic of the 1920s.
That said, some parts are a little bendy, particularly the skinny plastic ones leading to the forearm support. Bearing in mind that it’s also £85 from Forbidden Planet right now, I couldn’t recommend it to the casual fan but if you absolutely love all the BioShock games, you won’t be disappointed.
Here are some detailed pics.