- Indie Rock: GAME OF THE YEAR 420BLAZEIT
- Assassin’s Creed: Rogue – Where To Find The Tablets?
- Breaking A World Record – The Liveblog
- Guinness World Record FIFA 15 Marathon Attempt This Wednesday
- Indie Rock: Return of the Obra Dinn
- Retroreflection – Nintendo/Squaresoft Gems of a Generation
- Indie (Grim)Rock: Legend Of Grimrock 2
Lionhead Studios’ Break Into Games Advice
- Updated: 24th Jan, 2013
In a nutshell: Make some games. Build a portfolio. Maybe get into the testing department.
Ted Timmins (no relation), Lead Designer on Fable Heroes:
“When I finished college, I sent my extremely limited CV to every videogame company under the sun! Lionhead Studios were the only company to respond to my letter, and invited me in for a 1 week Work-Experience. I was then offered a 1 month contract as a Tester on Fable. 1 month became 3 months, 3 months became 6, and 8 years later I found myself as the Lead Designer on Fable Heroes.”
David Eckelberry, Game Director:
“I started out as a “professional” game designer with paper-based games: board games, card games, and roleplaying games such as Dungeons & Dragons…
The advice is simple: start making things.”
Read more from GUI Artist Jenny Peers and Lead Level Designer Charlton Edwards over on the Lionhead blog – Getting into the Games Industry.
[Header image taken from the Fable Heroes Dev Diary]