- GTA V Collector’s Edition Details
- Xbox One: Will You Buy it?
- Paper Titans Review (iOS)
- Indie Rock: Random Feedback
- Xbox One: The Games So Far
- Xbox One: Pre-Owned, Not Always Online
- The Next Xbox: Xbox One
- 5 Things We Learned from the PS4 Console Teaser
- Batman: Arkham Origins Deathstroke Trailer
- Nintendo Direct: Sonic Lost World Announced
Lionhead Studios’ Break Into Games Advice
- Updated: January 24, 2013
In a nutshell: Make some games. Build a portfolio. Maybe get into the testing department.
Ted Timmins (no relation), Lead Designer on Fable Heroes:
“When I finished college, I sent my extremely limited CV to every videogame company under the sun! Lionhead Studios were the only company to respond to my letter, and invited me in for a 1 week Work-Experience. I was then offered a 1 month contract as a Tester on Fable. 1 month became 3 months, 3 months became 6, and 8 years later I found myself as the Lead Designer on Fable Heroes.”
David Eckelberry, Game Director:
“I started out as a “professional” game designer with paper-based games: board games, card games, and roleplaying games such as Dungeons & Dragons…
The advice is simple: start making things.”
Read more from GUI Artist Jenny Peers and Lead Level Designer Charlton Edwards over on the Lionhead blog – Getting into the Games Industry.
[Header image taken from the Fable Heroes Dev Diary]