- First Impressions: Pillars of Eternity
- Tips for Getting Started in Cities: Skylines
- LEGO Jurassic World Hands-On Preview
- A Quick Guide to Getting Started as a Twitch Streamer
- War for the Overworld Interview: Josh Bishop
- The Order: 1886 vs East London 2015
- Alone in the Dark: Illumination Beta Impressions
Final Fantasy XIV Now Accepting Beta Sign-ups
- Updated: 8th Jan, 2013
Set in the realm of Eorzea, players will adventure through the time of “Seventh Umbral Era”. From the official website:
The First Umbral Era brought an end to the age of the gods, and there have been six such eras of calamity since the First Astral Era ushered in the age of man. Each of the umbral catastrophes has, in turn, borne the characteristics of one of the six elements. With all the elements now represented, it was believed the current Astral Era would last into eternity. But in the seventh verse of the Divine Chronicles, Mezaya Thousand Eyes prophesized a less fortunate fate. The “senary sun,” or Sixth Astral Era, would indeed end, and the “septenary moon,” or Seventh Umbral Era, would cast its shadow upon the land.
You’ll be able to battle monsters, mount chocobos, study magic, become warriors and generally do all that great Final Fantasy stuff only hopefully without listening to a moping emo teen.
They’re accepting sign-ups for both the PC and the PS3 beta. Details have been posted on FFXIV beta system requirements.
Here is an 8 minute video of things burning and people looking surprised. Skip to 5:50 for the battle chocobos.