- Indie Rock: GAME OF THE YEAR 420BLAZEIT
- Assassin’s Creed: Rogue – Where To Find The Tablets?
- Breaking A World Record – The Liveblog
- Guinness World Record FIFA 15 Marathon Attempt This Wednesday
- Indie Rock: Return of the Obra Dinn
- Retroreflection – Nintendo/Squaresoft Gems of a Generation
- Indie (Grim)Rock: Legend Of Grimrock 2
Final Fantasy XIV Now Accepting Beta Sign-ups
- Updated: 8th Jan, 2013
Set in the realm of Eorzea, players will adventure through the time of “Seventh Umbral Era”. From the official website:
The First Umbral Era brought an end to the age of the gods, and there have been six such eras of calamity since the First Astral Era ushered in the age of man. Each of the umbral catastrophes has, in turn, borne the characteristics of one of the six elements. With all the elements now represented, it was believed the current Astral Era would last into eternity. But in the seventh verse of the Divine Chronicles, Mezaya Thousand Eyes prophesized a less fortunate fate. The “senary sun,” or Sixth Astral Era, would indeed end, and the “septenary moon,” or Seventh Umbral Era, would cast its shadow upon the land.
You’ll be able to battle monsters, mount chocobos, study magic, become warriors and generally do all that great Final Fantasy stuff only hopefully without listening to a moping emo teen.
They’re accepting sign-ups for both the PC and the PS3 beta. Details have been posted on FFXIV beta system requirements.
Here is an 8 minute video of things burning and people looking surprised. Skip to 5:50 for the battle chocobos.