- E3 2013: Photos And Panoramas From The Show Floor
- E3 2013: The Big Recap
- E3 2013: Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies Preview
- Distinctly Average E3 2013: Xbox One, PS4, Destiny, Titanfall and Fantasia
- Aqua Kitty Available Now On XBLIG
- Driveclub PS Plus Details – Less Tracks And Cars
- E3 2013 – Reduced Content In Driveclub PS Plus Edition
- E3 2013 – PlayStation 4 Console And Controller Impressions
- E3 2013 – Titanfall Preview
- E3 2013 – Conference Impressions Vid
2011 BAFTA Award Nominations – Top Choices
- Updated: February 18, 2011
The Video Game award nominations for the British Academy of Film and Televisual Arts (and video games) were released this week. Quite a few games received loads of nominations with Assassins Creed Brotherhood appearing in 7 categories, Heavy Rain and Call of Duty: Black Ops receiving 6 nominations each and Mass Effect 2 in the running for 5 awards.
As well as the 14 academy-chosen categories, there’s also the BAFTA Ones to Watch Award to celebrate outstanding Dare To Be Digital titles, and the GAME Award whch is shortlisted by a separate panel and chosen by public vote. You can read my thoughts on the GAME Award BAFTA 2011 nominations over at Zath.
Here are the categories for the 6 most-recognised games of last year:
|Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood:
||Call of Duty: Black Ops
|Mass Effect 2:
||Super Mario Galaxy 2
It’s worth noting that Red Dead Redemption isn’t included in any of the academy-voted categories. This isn’t an oversight; Rockstar declined to enter it this year for undisclosed reasons. RDR has been nominated for the BAFTA GAME Award, so you are able to vote for it over at BAFTAGAMEAward.com, if you are so inclined.
What do you think about the nominations? Is there a game you think has been overlooked or overrated?